The course takes approximately 4 hours to complete.
- How to care for infants and children
- What to do in an emergency and how to stay safe
- Choosing activities that are age appropriate
- Recognizing, understanding and handling certain behaviors
- Starting your babysitting business
First Aid, CPR & AED Training Available as a complement to the Red Cross' Babysitting Basics class are our First Aid training and CPR/AED certification courses. These classes allow you to gain the skills needed to provide first aid care, administer CPR and use an AED correctly. Successful completion of these courses gives you a two-year certification and access to refresher materials online– so you can test your skills and refresh your memory at any time during your certification period.